District Improv Festival 2019September 25-29, 2019
About District Improv Festival 2019Join us for the Seventh Annual District Improv Festival, Sept. 25-29, 2019!
The submission process opens on Tuesday, May 1 and closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, June 14.
- Submit by May 15 and pay only $20.
- Submit by May 31 and pay only $25.
- Submit by June 14 and pay $30.
Submission link: http://districtimprov.org/2019-dif-submission/
The District Improv Festival is Washington, D.C.'s only long-form improv festival. Located in the heart of our nation's capital, District Improv Festival features more than three dozen troupes from across the United States and Canada. The 2019 festival will be announced soon. Past headliners consist of White Women, 3Peat, TJ & Dave, The Boys, DUMMY, and Armando Diaz.
The festival is produced in alliance with Washington Improv Theater and The Unified Scene Theater. The festival consists of four nights of shows and two days of workshops across two theater spaces. District Improv's mission is to support and grow Washington, D.C.’s long-form improv scene and promote awareness of the District as a premier improv community.
- This festival is for long-form improv only.
- Each performance slot is for 25 minutes.
- If your set requires musical instruments, you must provide them.
- Submissions must include a link to a video from the past 12 months that reasonably represents the makeup of your troupe. This video must be at least 15 minutes long. Please note that your submission will NOT be considered without a video link. If you are unable to submit a video from the past 12 months, please contact District Improv at firstname.lastname@example.org
- District Improv works to schedule out-of-town troupes on the weekend but we cannot guarantee it.
District Improv Company is a non-profit registered in the District of Columbia (501(c)(3) application pending).