Flavien's InfoActor, Travelling Improviser, teacher, aritistic director and founder of the professional Company: Le Théâtre de l'Oignon. Check on us @: www.loignon.eu
I m a European cultural mix of portuguese french and swiss, living on the German border!
I m also a happy member of Ohana : The Young European Improvisers Project. More about this unique Improv Project in Europe in which 15 countries gather for Improv love: http://ohanaproject.eu/
Improvising and acting since 1996, I graduated in drama at Conservatoire and in Theatre at the University of Strasbourg and started my professional career in 2004. I studied Improv in France and with some of the best improvisers in the world: Patti Stiles, Rama Nicholas, Wade Jackson, Randy Dixon, Lee White, Jstar Atlanta, Fabio Maccioni, Jim Libby and recently with Lindsay Hailey and Jason Shotts from iO Chicago
I created a dozen original improv formats with Théâtre de l’Oignon, including short, free and long form. All of our shows merge improv theatre and improv music.
I took part in many French speaking festivals in, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, Marocco and Quebec particularly in the 24 years old world amateur improv match tournament.
I performed as individual, as team with Theatre de l'Oignon in duo shows with Fabio Maccioni, Odile Cantero, Bart Van Loon in many English speaking international festivals.
So far I.ve been teaching and performing in 24 different countries, which makes me the most exported french improviser and my company the most internationla performing french improv Professional troupe.
- Impro Festival 2008, Leuven (BE)
- Quasi Comica 2012, Milano (IT)
- La Semaine de l’Impro 2012/13/14/16, Nancy(FR)
- Instantaneo 2012/2014,2016 Torino (IT)
- Istanbul Impro festival 2013 (TR)
- The BIG IF 2013/14/15, Barcelona (ES)
- Copenhagen International Improv fest 2014/15 (DK)
- Wurzburg International Improv fest 2014 (DE)
- Improvfest Ireland 2015/16,Dublin (IE)
- FéRiiR 2015, La Réunion (FR)
- Work Impro Gress 2016, Piombino (IT)
- Amsterdam Impro Festival 2016 (NL)
- 1st Workshop Tour 2016, (PL)
- Courtyard Playhouse, Dubai 2016 (UAE)
- Mt Olymprov 2016, Athens(GR)
- Wise 2016 Riom,(FR)
- ImproVacanta 2016, Bucarest (RO)
- 2nd Workshop Tour 2016, (PL)
- Spunk 2016, Zurich (CH)
- ImproFest 2016, Riga (LV)
- Improvfest Ireland 2016,Dublin (IE)
- Istantaneo 2016 ,Turin (I)
- Belgium Tour 2016, Antwerpen, Ghent, Brussels (B)
- SWIMP 2017, Uppsala (SE)
- Improv Iceland international festival 2017, Reykjavik, (ISL)
- Euro Comedy and Double F 2017, Bucarest (RO)
- Hungary Tour 2017, Budapest (HUN)
- Shiink 2017, Yverdon les bains (CH)
- Improv festival 2017, Torun (PL)
- TILT 2017, Tallin (ES)
- The BIG HUGE TOUR 2018 (USA
About my teaching experience:
My teaching is multicultural and multi influenced, i try to give the best taste of every Improv style I met. My goal: build bridges between people, cultures, languages and improv styles.
Shu - Ha - Ri : Learn - Obey -Transcend
This Japanese apply to my global approach on Improv: a joyful combination of many schools of thoughts. I don't preach for any school except every.
I ve been teaching Improv/drama since 2001.
I work as an Improv/drama teacher for a city theatre.
I teach corporate workshops for team building, conflict and stress management, creativity and positivity in a professional environment.
I teach masterclasses to professional and amateur improv groups and Improv Matches leagues across France.
I’ve been teaching workshops and masterclasses across the world:
- Quasicomica, Milano 2012 (IT)
- Improvergne 2016, Clermont Ferrand (FR)
- L'Improvidence 2016, Lyon (FR)
- IMproVacanta 2016, Bucarest (RO)
- 2 weeks workshop tour, april 2016 (PL)
- 2 weeks workshop tour september 2016 (PL)
- 1 week workshop tour 2016 (BEL)
I've been part of the instructors at international Improv festivals:
- International Impro Festival 2008, Leuven (BE)
- Quasi Comica 2012, Milano ( IT)
- BIG IF 3 2015, Barcelona (ES)
- ImprovFest Ireland 2015, Dublin (IRL)
- FERIIR 2015, La Réunion (FR)
- Work Impro'Gress 2016, Piombino (IT)
- Mount Olymprov, Athènes 2016 (GR)
- Wise 2016, Riom (FR)
- Spunk 2016, Zurich (CH)
- ImproFest 2016, Riga (LT)
- ImprovFest Ireland, Dublin 2016 (IRL)
- Istantaneo, Torino 2016 (IT)
- Belgium Week tour , Gent, Antwerpen, Brussels, 2017 ( BEL)
- Shiiink! Yverdon-Les-Bains 2017 (CH)
Flavien's WorkshopsPure Improv! Oh my Guts!
Me, You, Us
Move Your Body! Sensitive Animal
Worst Case Scenario
Read the scene, don't write it!
Impro Zeus For Dummies
Guts, heart, brains: The 3 organs of improv
"As a teacher Flavien shows great capacity in understanding group dynamics by listening individuals and what happens in the exercices he proposes. He's patient and actively particpates in the activities and birngs a lot of joy to it. As a person he feels like my brother,he introduced me to international improvisation, I learned from him, how to be an humble and elegant improviser." - Fabio Maccioni, Teatribu, Milano
"Workshop with Flavien was such an amazing experience for a whole group of polish improvisers. He is a very professional and supportive teacher. We felt very inspired, took risks and opened our minds to new perspectives. Full of ideas to create and have fun." - Katarzyna Chmara, Wymmy Wammy, Poland