Hello theater owners and festival runners. We hear you and we know that most of you are non-profits or very small businesses and any closure is hard. The Improv Network has always been one to be the center of all theaters, a free online resource for you. So we are raising funds to allocate to those hurt the most by closures. So what you can do? Please share the link (See below) to anyone and everyone you can to give anything from $5 to $500 etc. Doesn’t matter, just anything. Please share this with friends, theaters, co-workers and family. Let’s all work together to save what will be most likely financially devastating to some theaters. In the spirit of “Got Your Back” Let’s have all of our backs!
Link to Fundraiser: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/improv-theater-stimulus-package/x/15687309#/
Guidelines to Applying: Now we don’t know how much we will raise, but what we do, we will allocate it all back to applicants based on their needs and what we have.
GUIDELINES TO APPLYING FOR HELP:
- We have received many applications and have closed our application process. All money raised will be distributed to theaters that have already applied. If we raise substantially more money and can help more theaters, we will open the application process back up.
- The board of The Improv Network will approve theater applications
- You can apply for aid regarding rent and bills. Please provide evidence that you have shut down, and for how long. We need evidence that you will have trouble paying bills.
- The Network will award a full or partial grant depending on how much money we raise.
- Please only apply if your theater is experiencing significant financial trouble caused by the shut downs.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
Let’s all do what we can to help! Thank you!
Nick is an Actor, Improvisor and Writer living in Los Angeles, CA. He is the Camp Director and Founder of Camp Improv Utopia a a 501(c) (3) Non Profit improv retreat for grown ups, Artistic Director of Mi’s Westside Comedy Theater and is a founding members of the The Improv Network. Nick has also taught at iO West, The Pack Theatre and The Groundlings and has taught workshops all over the world.